Flag football is a non-contact, 5-a-side version of American football for adults and children alike. No helmets or pads, just fun
You may have seen the NFL game on TV and loved the glamour, speed and strategy of the game and thought, ‘I wish I could do that’.
Unfortunately, we can’t all be professional footballers, but there are plenty of alternatives. Some people in the UK play kitted football, whilst others, like us at the Sharks, prefer to play the flag version of american football.
The significant difference between the two is that Flag Football is a non-contact version of American Football. You get all the passing, catching and running elements of american football, but you tackle by removing the flag (not the head) of the opposition.
While the games are competitive, it’s still a Sunday league so the emphasis is on taking part and having some fun – your age, size, ability and experience don’t matter so much as your excitement at playing the game.
The benefits of playing flag football with the Chichester Sharks are:
– It’s a simple game that is quick and easy to learn
– You’ll be taught by experienced, qualified coaches
– You’ll improve your fitness – beats the gym!
– No expensive kit is required – all you need is a pair of football boots / trainers to start with.
– The game is open to males and females, aged 18+
– No full contact like kitted football (you can still move on a Monday)
– If you’re good enough, you can even play for your country or Great Britain in European tournaments or even the World Cup
Who wouldn’t want to play??
If you want to come down and train with us or if you have any questions, please get in touch. We look forward to seeing you!
Don’t live near Chichester? Why not start your own team? Find out how.